Skip to main content




21 Things 4 Teachers
 provides a plethora of resources for the "21st Century Educator." The tool I would like to learn most about is Google Plus. This communication tool can help you connect with other educators. I would like to learn more about it because I already have a Google profile and, somehow, I already have content saved on my plus page. The site is great for social networking. You can create a profile that is linked to your Google account. There are communities you can arrange within your profile to connect with people of certain interests. If I decided to use the tool and associate it with my classroom, I would need to consult my schools acceptable use policy (AUP) to address the do's and don'ts of what is appropriate to post within the Google Plus community. According to EdTech, school's AUP's should be updated 2-3 times a year. They should be used to help students know how to properly use the internet and to apply safety precautions while being online. Google Plus has privacy settings to help protect information of your choosing from the general public.   As a teacher, I should also follow my school’s AUP guidelines since the page would be associated with my classroom. 

Comments